Amanda-Users

Re: drive compression discovery

2003-03-11 13:27:01
Subject: Re: drive compression discovery
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 12:05:38 -0500
On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 10:37, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> My point being, not that your drive is like mine, just that nothing
> you have written/discovered rules out the existance of switch settings.
>
> OTOH, you know it comes up in HW compression mode and that you can
> change it under SW control and that is suitable for you.  Maybe
> further exploration is non-productive.

John,

That's an interesting point about the drive's built-in switches that may
not be visible in its eventual casing.  My drives came already mounted
in a library, so they do have a shell that makes them hot-swappable,
which could be removed to get access to the drive itself.  But as you
said, I've already got a workable SW solution to override the default
setting every time the st module is unloaded/loaded, so it's moot. ;)

Thanks for the info.
Eric