Amanda-Users

Q: troubles / my first backup with amanda

2003-03-04 06:35:00
Subject: Q: troubles / my first backup with amanda
From: Raúl Wild-Spain <rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 10:58:03 +0100
Hi! recently I've installed amanda in a linux debian. By following an FAQ (or
the man page, I don't remember) I've created a hidden directory /.furvbackup
and into this multiple softlinks to the areas I want to backup.  Into disklist
I've:

    localhost    /.furvbackup    comp-high

The first amreport says the following:

-------
These dumps were to tape FURV01.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: FURV02.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  localhost  /.furvbackup lev 0 FAILED [disk /.furvbackup offline on localhost?]

STATISTICS: ....

NOTES:
  planner: Adding new disk localhost:/.furvbackup.
  driver: WARNING: got empty schedule from planner
  taper: tape FURV01 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]

DUMP SUMMARY:
                                     DUMPER STATS            TAPER STATS
HOSTNAME     DISK        L ORIG-KB OUT-KB COMP% MMM:SS  KB/s MMM:SS  KB/s
localhost    -furvbackup 0 FAILED ---------------------------------------

----

Why my amanda fails? Is the syntax of disklist bad or wrong?

comment: The owner and group of /.furvbackup and softlinks are root:root.

Best Regards,

Raúl,
rcruz AT wild-spain DOT com