Amanda-Users

Re: Solaris 8 Overland Tape changer config

2003-03-03 23:37:11
Subject: Re: Solaris 8 Overland Tape changer config
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 22:03:46 -0500
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 01:37:12PM -0500, Brian Cuttler wrote:

> I may have been missing something in my config - something
> like an environmental variable, but I found that I wasn't
> able to run chg-zd-mtx successfully unless I was in the
> directory with the data information.

That is normal.  From docs/TAPE.CHANGERS:

    3. DEVICE-SPECIFIC TAPE CHANGER SCRIPT

    The tape changer script/program is always run* from
    the directory with amanda.conf.  It is never passed
    the configuration name it is running on behalf of,
    but since amgetconf works without a name from the
    current directory, that should be sufficient.

* the word run was assumed to be missing and added for
  this email; do I need to submit a "patch"?  :)

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)