Amanda-Users

Re: Overland XB tape stacker

2003-01-28 12:45:24
Subject: Re: Overland XB tape stacker
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: Chris Dahn <chris.dahn AT computer DOT org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:53:17 -0800
On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 08:11:54AM -0500, Chris Dahn wrote:
> On Monday 27 January 2003 12:19 pm, Nigel Barker wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Apologies for the level of this question, I'm sure the answer is around on
> > the web, but I can't find it!
> > (Is there a "Idiots Guide to setting up your first Amanda install"?)
> >
> > Anyway, got a 10 tape Overland XB tape stacker, with a dlt 7000 drive, and
> > I'm looking to find a suitable chg-multi.conf file.

Didn't catch this the first time, apologies if it's already answered.

You almost certainly don't want chg-multi (which is about using
using multiple non-library tape drives as if they were a library).

You want chg-zd-mtx (which is just a shell wrapper around mtx),
or chg-scsi.

My personal recommendation is to bring up mtx

    http://mtx.sourceforge.net/

which is handy to have with or without amanda, and if that works,
try chg-zd-mtx.

Strongly recommend 2.4.3 for chg-zd-mtx, even if you're not using
2.4.3 for the rest of amanda; chg-zd-mtx got a good re-write.

Lots of people use chg-scsi also.

If you happen to be Solaris and happen to choose chg-zd-mtx, there
are pointers for the Solaris "generic" SCSI driver, sgen(7D) in
the mtx contrib directory.

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461