Amanda-Users

Re: features: append, span tapes, compress?

2003-01-25 16:52:46
Subject: Re: features: append, span tapes, compress?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:41:10 -0500
On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 11:13:15AM -0500, John R. Jackson wrote:
> >I'm not sure its possible to run concurrent Amanda's (at least not
> >without compiling different versions using different ports, etc).
>
> It depends a little on your environment.  If you can partition the clients
> into separate groups (i.e. the same client is not in more than one Amanda
> configuration), you can run multiple Amanda servers at the same time.
> I used to do this quite a bit through our robot with several tape drives.

Just clarification,

The server can run multiple, simultaneous amdump configs if there are no
overlapping clients in the configs.  I presume this also means distinct
tape drives for each config.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)