Amanda-Users

Re: HP Ultrium LTO 1 : ERROR taper no-tape

2003-01-24 14:31:03
Subject: Re: HP Ultrium LTO 1 : ERROR taper no-tape
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: annefacq AT crpp.u-bordeaux DOT fr
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:48:56 -0500 (EST)
Anne,

I don't know what you mean by automatically loaded. My experience
and recent discussion on this list both show that the current tape
remains in the drive at the completion of the amanda run, just as
the current tape remains in the drive at the completion of an amanda
run that does not utilize a tape changer.

With my configuration amcheck (running from cron during the
afternoon, while I'm in-house to correct any errors) finds
the "next" tape and loads it.

amdump (run from cron during the night) is also able to find and
load the correct tape which has occured in the cases where I for
one reason or another did not leave the tapes alone after amcheck ran.

--

I don't know how anyone else faired with your config and mine
is different but for what its worth...

I have an HP 9 tape jukebox labeled "Sun StorEdge 9" with
an LTO drive. I was unable to get the amtape commands to
all work nor the amlabel slot command.

I used the chg-zd-mtx changer and was unsuccessful until
I replaced the script with the one from amanda 2.4.3 release.

At that point I was able to run all amanda commands and
parameters successfully.

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org