Amanda-Users

Re: HP Ultrium LTO 1 : ERROR taper no-tape

2003-01-24 14:25:07
Subject: Re: HP Ultrium LTO 1 : ERROR taper no-tape
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: annefacq AT crpp.u-bordeaux DOT fr
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:45:36 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 at 7:04pm, annefacq AT crpp.u-bordeaux DOT fr wrote

> I am configuring amanda-2.4.2p2-9 for a changer HP Ultrium LTO 1 (composed of
> 6 slots) and I have the following problem : the tape in the next slot is not
> automatically loaded

The exact model would be helpful.  Also, note that pre-built amanda
binaries often lead to troubles.  Building it yourself can make getting
things running a lot easier.

> I use chg-multi as tpchanger, which is a very basic interface to the changer,
> as I didn't found a better "driver", and my changer seems to react
> like a non wrap around changer : when the last position is reached,
> I have to manually put the changer on the first position.

I don't know much about chg-multi, and I'm not sure exactly what changer
you've got, but you may want to look at mtx <http://mtx.badtux.net/> and
the chg-zd-mtx changer.  It gives you (and amanda) a lot of control over
the changer.  I see at least one Ultrium changer listed in the
compatibility list.

Good luck.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain