Amanda-Users

HP Ultrium LTO 1 : ERROR taper no-tape

2003-01-24 13:45:30
Subject: HP Ultrium LTO 1 : ERROR taper no-tape
From: annefacq AT crpp.u-bordeaux DOT fr
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:04:23 +0100
Hello

I am configuring amanda-2.4.2p2-9 for a changer HP Ultrium LTO 1 (composed of
6 slots) and I have the following problem : the tape in the next slot is not
automatically loaded

The main lines of the configuration files are the following :
====== amanda.conf
runtapes 6
tpchanger "chg-multi"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/chg-multi.conf"

====== chg-multi.conf
multieject 0
gravity 1
needeject 1
ejectdelay 0
statefile /var/lib/amanda/csd/changer-status
firstslot 1
lastslot 6
slot 1 /dev/nst0
slot 2 /dev/nst0
slot 3 /dev/nst0
slot 4 /dev/nst0
slot 5 /dev/nst0
slot 6 /dev/nst0

The system configuration is a Linux Redhat 8.0 with kernel 2.4.18-14smp

Here is the description of the problem :
- I manually load a tape in the slot 1, it's ok
- Then, I lauch amdump, it's ok
- But when the first backup is finished, if I lauch a second amdump,
I get the error :
"ERROR taper no-tape [new tape not found in rack]"

I use chg-multi as tpchanger, which is a very basic interface to the changer,
as I didn't found a better "driver", and my changer seems to react
like a non wrap around changer : when the last position is reached,
I have to manually put the changer on the first position.

Thanks in advance

Anne Facq

--

Anne Facq