Amanda-Users

Re: Strange dumps - "file changed as we read it"

2003-01-06 03:04:43
Subject: Re: Strange dumps - "file changed as we read it"
From: "C. Bensend" <benny AT bennyvision DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 01:14:27 -0600
On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 01:22:49AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> I get around that problem here with the use of an extra directory on
> one of the drives here that has an rsync'd image of the stuff on
> the other machine I use mainly for a firewall that I would normally
> use samba for the backup data transport protocol.  rsync does not
> seem to suffer from this foible.  cron fires off that script about
> half an hour ahead of amanda.  So in fact I only backup this
> machine as far as the entries in the disklist are concerned, but
> that includes the images of the other machine.
>
> If you have the space, and rsync can run on the bsd box (it should)
> then you may want to consider that alternative method.

Hmmm.  Well, yes, I could I suppose.  I'd have to do a little creative
repartitioning.  It just seems like this should be able to be solved
without such workarounds.

> Chuckle...
> No codicile about who sets it off?  I think I'd find a new insurer.

Heh.  Imagine my guffaws when I read through my policy and stumbled
upon THAT gem.  ;)

Benny

"Discharge of a nuclear weapon shall be deemed a warlike act,
even if accidental."       -- My homeowners insurance policy