Amanda-Users

Re: Latest amcheck reports error with rwx------ dirs

2003-01-03 22:45:47
Subject: Re: Latest amcheck reports error with rwx------ dirs
From: "John R. Jackson" <jrj AT purdue DOT edu>
To: "David Trusty" <dwtrusty AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 22:05:38 -0500
>> ERROR: localhost: [could not access /mnt/sglab/monica/DPO
>> (/mnt/sglab/monica/DPO): Permission denied]
>Looks like nsf mounts.  ...

What does the National Science Foundation have to do with this???  :-)

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I've flipped those characters many times myself.

In addition to the NFS possibility, I posted a response to, I think,
the same question a little earlier today.  Basically, if the Amanda does
not have access to that directory, amcheck is going to throw an error,
but amdump will be happy (assuming there isn't a goof in your setup).

BTW, it's generally a bad idea to use "localhost".  You should use the
real host name, preferabbly the fully qualified name.  You'll be glad
you did if you ever change this configuration around so your current
tape server becomes just a client (and if you don't think things can
change ... :-).

>>David

>Jon H. LaBadie

JJ