Amanda-Users

more oddities on SCO

2003-01-02 17:39:59
Subject: more oddities on SCO
From: Josh More <jmore AT remote-print DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 16:14:48 -0600
It looks like most of my problems have been resolved.  For people's future
reference (for SCO Openserver 5):

* The hostname that amanda detects on SCO Openserver does not match the
  hostname that is reported by 'hostname' or 'uname -a'.

* When GNU tar is installed off the skunkware CD, it appears as
  /usr/local/bin/tar.  Amanda apparently looks for gtar.  A simple symlink
  solves the problem.

* Add the following lines to ./client-src/client_util.c, before compiling:
  #include <limits.h>
  #define MAXPATHLEN _POSIX_PATH_MAX

* Change the line reading " f = MT_UNLOAD" to " f = MT_UNLOAD;", as it will
  not compile without the semicolon.

My current problem follows in a later email.

-Josh
jmore AT remote-print DOT com