Amanda-Users

Re: incremental backup !!

2002-11-27 01:01:51
Subject: Re: incremental backup !!
From: "Nitesh Kumar A." <nitesh AT hamsadvani.serc.iisc.ernet DOT in>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:44:28 +0530 (IST)
Hello Chan:

If I run ./amdump, it is writing into the tape drive. So I never used
./amflush. What do I need to do for the level 0 backup to be written to
the tape and then all the level 1 backups to stay on the holding disk for
a week before they are flushed to the tape on the weekend? It would be
good enough if only the last level 1 is flushed to the tape.

Regards,
Nitesh