Amanda-Users

Re: GNUTAR not found on my system

2002-11-26 18:35:37
Subject: Re: GNUTAR not found on my system
From: Damon Conway <damon AT 3jane DOT net>
To: Niall O Broin <niall AT magicgoeshere DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:55:44 -0600
On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 09:55:43PM +0000, Niall O Broin wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 November 2002 20:23, Ivan Zaigralin wrote:
>
> > > calcsize: gnutar not available on this system
> > > calcsize: gnutar not available on this system
> > > calcsize: gnutar not available on this system
> > > calcsize: gnutar not available on this system
> >
> > I tried to look this up in the provided documentation & forums,
> > but found nothing. What could be causing the problem?
>
> Absolute and total stab in the dark here, but perhaps gnutar is not available
> on this system ? If that is indeed the case, then backing up using tar is
> going to be rather difficult. If gnutar is available on the system, then you
> need to investigate why amanda isn't finding it - is it not in a standard
> location ?

I ran into this problem while setting up my first Amanda install just
the other day.  I had to recompile with the
--with-gnutar=/path/to/gnutar flag on ./configure.  If someone knows of
a better way, I'm all ears.

Damon

--
GPG Key Info:
http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA7F06E8E

"Sometimes your temperature, it really gets higher, and the music sets your
soul on fire."  - Peter Tosh 'Reggae Mylitis'