Amanda-Users

Re: /dev/ch0: Permission denied ??

2002-11-16 22:54:26
Subject: Re: /dev/ch0: Permission denied ??
From: eric AT cirr DOT com (Eric Schnoebelen)
To: "Kevin F. La Barre" <klabarre AT infidati DOT com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:11:14 -0600
"Kevin F. La Barre" writes:
- Here's an interesting one.. using Amanda 2.4.3 on FreeBSD 4.5 with a
- Quantum 2500xt DLT 5 tape changer.  Amanda is setup to run as user amanda
- and group operator.  chio seems to work fine as I can move tapes around,
- get the status, etc.  Trying to amlabel however is unsuccessful as user
- amanda as the system returns a permissions error:

        Are you running those commands as the amanda user?  None of
the amanda programs are setuid(amanda), so if you're not the amanda
user, or in the operator group yourself, they will fail.

--
Eric Schnoebelen                eric AT cirr DOT com
http://www.cirr.com