Amanda-Users

Re: amanda support

2002-11-13 14:37:48
Subject: Re: amanda support
From: "Caitlyn M. Martin" <cmartin AT rateintegration DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 13 Nov 2002 13:56:28 -0500
On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 16:43, Galen Johnson wrote:
> I've never heard of any but I can't think of any questions I've asked
> that haven't been resolved with just this mailing list.

Hi, Galen, and everyone else,

In principle I agree.  Try and sell that to a suit who doesn't
understand OSS.  One of the reasons I managed to get Red Hat approved
both here and the last place I worked is because they have credible
corporate support.  The fact that commercial (paid) support is often
inferior to interactive support on a list like this is lost on many
executive types.  The fact that I can actually talk to a developer
doesn't register.

I know, I know...  The question is valid, though.  I could see us being
audited and if I am asked about who supports our enterprise backup
system I could easily see a call to replace it once we're really
profitable with a "professional" solution :(

Regards,
Caity