Amanda-Users

RE: ERROR: /devb/nst1: no tape online

2002-11-12 12:39:38
Subject: RE: ERROR: /devb/nst1: no tape online
From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:43:19 -0500
There's nothing in your `mt status` that says what tape drive it's talking
to. My guess is that your SCSI devices got renumbered somehow. I think the
nst* devices are issued in the order they're found, and if the device that
was nst0 is gone, nst1 is now nst0.

Try `mt -f /dev/nst0 status` and `mt -f /dev/nst1 status` and see which one
looks like your tape drive.