Amanda-Users

SOLUTION - Re: GNU tar file problem with long filename

2002-11-06 14:08:06
Subject: SOLUTION - Re: GNU tar file problem with long filename
From: Murf <jam AT philabs.research.philips DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:36:50 -0500 (EST)
Ok, after some more testing with a variety of tar's I've got compiled
around I traced it back to the version of tar that was being used was
indeed 1.13.25, but it had been compiled with gcc 2.8.1!

Recompiled with gcc-2.95.2 and everything works as desired.

Thanks to everyone who responded,
Murf

--
John Murphy, better known as Erin's & Kevin's dad    http://remarque.org/~jam
John.Murphy AT philips DOT com       One one-trillionith of a surprise: picoboo