Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover questions

2002-11-01 13:39:39
Subject: Re: amrecover questions
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 13:25:00 -0500
Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 at 12:35pm, Galen Johnson wrote

I also have an issue with recover in that it deletes files when the incremental is restored. I can almost understand why. It seems that if the files aren't included in the incremental (and they won't be if they haven't changed) the tar command seems to assume that the files have been removed and deletes them to have the directory appear to be in the "same state" as it thinks it was. Anyone else run into this? Is there some subtle configuration I'm missing?

Not that I'm aware of, but this is why I always amrecover into a temporary space, and then move over the files I really wanted to recover. Similarly for smb restores.

This is what I am currently doing....but it requires that I put in a full then the incremental...and when I do that it deletes files.

=G=