Amanda-Users

amrecover questions

2002-11-01 12:45:27
Subject: amrecover questions
From: Galen Johnson <gjohnson AT trantor DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 12:35:59 -0500
Ok...I've pretty much decided that amrecover requires a manual load of the tape needed. Is there any way for it to determine that the tape may need to be rewound (the debug file seems to imply that it is rewinding but I get the header error). I can't find any way to make the rewind timeout take longer. If I manually rewind the tape and the try to recover...all is happy. This has thus far been my only real complaint with amanda and it's probably just something I have misconfigured.

I also have an issue with recover in that it deletes files when the incremental is restored. I can almost understand why. It seems that if the files aren't included in the incremental (and they won't be if they haven't changed) the tar command seems to assume that the files have been removed and deletes them to have the directory appear to be in the "same state" as it thinks it was. Anyone else run into this? Is there some subtle configuration I'm missing?

Still haven't received any response to my smbrestore question.

=G=