Amanda-Users

RE: disk-to-disk backups

2002-09-26 16:06:32
Subject: RE: disk-to-disk backups
From: "Bort, Paul" <pbort AT tmwsystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 15:35:32 -0400
Possible? Yes, with the current version of AMANDA.

Recommended? I'd be leery of doing it to any drive I can't unplug, tuck
under my arm, and run out of a burning building with. (Yes, I only have
external tape drives.)

A mix of disk for quick restores and tape for off-site would be entirely
reasonable, if you really do that many restores. (Just remember to test
restore both at least monthly.)