Amanda-Users

Re: gtar wrapper script (was SAP R/3 backup with amanda)

2002-09-19 06:28:59
Subject: Re: gtar wrapper script (was SAP R/3 backup with amanda)
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 06:19:57 -0400
On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 09:48:32AM +0200, Amon Ott wrote:

> The tar wrapper script seems to work fine now, thank you.
>
> However, there is some strange Amanda 2.4.3b4 behaviour in amrecover: If you
> try to restore with an Amanda compilation (e.g. on another system), which had
> another --with-gnutar= value to configure, it just fails with an error that
> e.g. restore of /usr/local/sbin/tar-wrapper and the following exec failed.
>
> To me it seems that the GNUTAR backup type is not recognized, so amrecover
> assumes UNKNOWN and tries a string comparison to find the correct restore
> program instead of using the compiled path.

I get something similar happening on my 2.4.2 system.  On my w2k/cygwin box,
"winnie", gtar is in a different location than on my tapehost, "butch".
Yet if I put a copy of gtar on butch, in the same location as on winnie,
then try to do an amrecover it still says the gtar program is not there.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)