Amanda-Users

newbie needs help deciphering vauge error message

2002-09-18 10:09:47
Subject: newbie needs help deciphering vauge error message
From: "John P. Looney" <valen AT tuatha DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 14:58:06 +0100
 Hi, I think I've managed to setup amanda to backup my desktop PC from a
central backup server. amcheck returns all is well, so I decided to run
"amdump daily".

 I've attached the dump report below. Could someone point me in the
directions of some diagnostics ?

 (BTW, I'm incredibly impressed by the faq-o-matic & the large number of
possible error messages explained in the man pages...I just wish this
report had a few error messages in it).

John

------------ begin forwarded file --------------------

*** THE DUMPS DID NOT FINISH PROPERLY!

These dumps were to tape DailySet1-000.
Tonight's dumps should go onto 1 tape: a new tape.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  jlooney.ji /home RESULTS MISSING
  jlooney.ji /etc RESULTS MISSING

STATISTICS:
                          Total       Full      Daily
                        --------   --------   --------
Dump Time (hrs:min)        0:00       0:00       0:00   (0:00 start)
Output Size (meg)           0.0        0.0        0.0
Original Size (meg)         0.0        0.0        0.0
Avg Compressed Size (%)     --         --         --
Tape Used (%)               0.0        0.0        0.0
Filesystems Dumped            0          0          0
Avg Dump Rate (k/s)         --         --         --
Avg Tp Write Rate (k/s)     --         --         --

^L
NOTES:
  driver: WARNING: got empty schedule from planner
  taper: tape DailySet1-000 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]

^L
DUMP SUMMARY:
                                      DUMPER STATS                  TAPER
STATS
HOSTNAME  DISK           L  ORIG-KB   OUT-KB COMP%  MMM:SS   KB/s  MMM:SS
KB/s
jlooney.j /etc              MISSING
jlooney.j /home             MISSING