Amanda-Users

RE: Label Printing?

2002-08-30 15:09:43
Subject: RE: Label Printing?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Alex Specogna <alex.specogna AT cryptologic DOT com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:54:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 at 2:46pm, Alex Specogna wrote

> I have tried running amreport <config> -p file.ps and sure enough no
> output.. to the screen or the file.  As for the DLT.ps file.. I am using
> the one that comes with the distribution.. as is untouched (just to get
> it working)

(Aside: Damn but I hate Outbreak.  If there's any way you can get it to
actually put in linebreaks, that'd be really handy.  Better yet, use
something that isn't *the* virus vector to end all vectors.)

Sorry, I should have been more explicit.  To run amreport this way you
need to specify a log file:

amreport Daily -l /usr/local/adm/amanda/DailySet1/log.20020830.0 -f
/dev/null -p file.ps

(That's all one line, btw.)  For my setup, that will bit bucket the report
mail and put the label from this morning's Daily backup in file.ps.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering