Amanda-Users

Devices

2002-08-28 02:15:05
Subject: Devices
From: greg <slay AT slough-feg DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 22:52:22 -0700
Hello,

I am running amanda 2.4.2p2 on FreeBSD 4.6.2. Well I hope to be anyways. The thing I cannot seem to figure out is this. I am using a quantum ATL L500 tape changer with a DLT8000-40 tape drive. The devices for the /dev/sa device are numbered
/dev/sa0
/dev/sa0.0
/dev/sa0.1
/dev/sa0.2
/dev/sa0.3

I am trying with the changer.conf to name the slots at the end but when I do "amlabel -f normal Z01 slot 0" I get "slot 0 empty". What I do not understand is, does each /dev/sa0.* device pertain to a slot in loader or do i need to make sa1 sa2 sa3 and so on? Or am I totally lost?

Thanks for any and all replies

greg