Amanda-Users

Re: AMRECOVER Not Working

2002-08-27 19:19:39
Subject: Re: AMRECOVER Not Working
From: Eric Swindell <eric.swindell AT att DOT net>
To: tshadwick AT stgroupllc DOT com
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 18:08:59 -0500
I finally figured it out.  It was either a space or an empty line in
/etc/inetd.conf.  I don't know why this matters to inetd, but it brings me
back to my days doing vax assembly.

This is what I had in /etc/inetd.conf:

#
[....blank line...]
# amanda backup client
 amanda dgram udp wait amanda /usr/lib/amanda/amandad amandad
#

When I uncommented the client entry (amanda dgram...), I must have
accidentally left a space in the place of the # marker.  Before the top
comment, there was a blank line.  I deleted the line as well.  After
restarting inetd.conf, it now works!  I can now do an amrecover from the
backup server as well as the client servers.

You were right about the tapeserver (-t) parameter.  You need to add that when
running amrecover from a client.

Eric