Amanda-Users

RE: Devices

2002-08-28 02:34:20
Subject: RE: Devices
From: Simas Cepaitis <Simas AT 5ci DOT lt>
To: "'greg'" <slay AT slough-feg DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:10:49 +0200
Hello,

Try to look at your /var/run/dmesg.boot. Tape changer device
is /dev/passX, where X is a number. If you have mtx installed
on your system, you can see what slots are used with
mtx -f /dev/passX status. I suspect that you have tape in the
tape drive ( /dev/sa0), but no tapes in changer (/dev/passX).
Hope that helps.

Simas Cepaitis
simas AT 5ci DOT lt