Amanda-Users

Re: help for compiling amanda to support xfsdump in RH 7.3

2002-08-23 11:58:42
Subject: Re: help for compiling amanda to support xfsdump in RH 7.3
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Zhen Liu <zliu AT iusb DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:41:05 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 at 10:30am, Zhen Liu wrote

> I first checked that I have xfsdump installed in the box, then I
> started to run ./configure, make, make check, make install...and
> configured the amanda client...it seems like amanda can not recognize
> the xfs...

First check to make sure that ./configure finds xfsdump:

checking for xfsdump... /sbin/xfsdump
checking for xfsrestore... /sbin/xfsrestore
configure: warning: *** xfsdump causes the setuid-root rundump program to be
enabled
configure: warning: *** to disable it, just #undef XFSDUMP in config/config.h

Second, make sure you're doing the 'make install' as root, or the bits
that need to be setuid won't be.  Third, are your XFS partitions in the
fstab?  Fourth, make sure you're trying to use xfsdump on entire
partitions only -- it won't work on subdirectories.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering