Amanda-Users

File too large problem

2002-08-20 05:34:30
Subject: File too large problem
From: Stanislav Malyshev <stas AT zend DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 12:08:52 +0300 (IDT)
I have recently installed amanda 2.4.2p2 and I discovered that it no
longer supports "negative chunksize" parameter, which I used to direct big
dumps (some 10G+ filesystems) to tape directly. Now, when I try to du
level 0 dump of such a filesystem, it gives me an error: "data write: File
too large".
What could be a solution of this problem? I don't really want to split
these filesystems in parts - they have a lot of subdirs, and it's a pain
to maintain the up-to-date list. Is there a way to make dump go directly
on tape as before? Or does my problem lie in something else? (BTW, the
tape should be enough to keep the dumps - it's 35M tape, and I did
successfull level 0 dump on it with older amanda version).

TIA for any help,
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
stas AT zend DOT com  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.115