Amanda-Users

Updating to SuSE 8.0 breaks amanda

2002-08-19 16:13:40
Subject: Updating to SuSE 8.0 breaks amanda
From: "KEVIN ZEMBOWER" <KZEMBOWER AT jhuccp DOT org>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:59:33 -0400
>From the for-what-it's-worth dept:

When I updated two of my SuSE 7.2 systems to 8.0, the amanda client no
longer worked. These were systems which I compiled and customized amanda
from source code on. When I ran /var/lib/amandad manually, I got a
message that libreadline 4.2.0 couldn't be found.

When I ran "rpm -q readline" my version was something like readline
2.?.

I went to the SuSE ftp site and downloaded the package
readline-4.2-47.i386.rpm (for my machine) and updated readline with the
command "rpm -Uv readline-4.2-47.i386.rpm'. This seems to have fixed the
problem. Running amcheck on the tapehost no longer causes an error on
these two amanda clients.

Don't know why this works, or why upgrading from 7.2 to 8.0 should
break it, but it's working now and I'm off to put out another fire. I'll
write back to this list if the actual backup of these two hosts fails
tonight.

-Kevin Zembower