Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx output

2002-08-15 15:13:31
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx output
From: John Koenig <jfkoenig AT vipb DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:36:23 -0700
On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 12:49:04PM -0400, Jason Greenberg wrote:
 Does anyone know what could cause this output?  I am trying to debug my
 setup with a PowerVault 128T / Linux Redhat 7.3

 bash-2.05a$ /usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx -info
 /usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx: [: : integer expression expected
 /usr/lib/amanda/chg-zd-mtx: [: -lt: unary operator expected
   16 1 1

I'll take a chance of clarifying instead of muddying this issue....
From what I have been learning from some FINE people on this list about shell scripting is... that the error above is likely caused by a string of length zero as one of the variables in the test. If the source was written with by prepending 'x' on both variables such that the value of the variables would be concatenated with the 'x', the broken test would not likely occur. I think this explanation is accurate but it needs review.

where the script is blowing up, but in the mildly amazing line like:

    usedslot=`echo $tmpslot |
              sed -n "s/Data Transfer Element $drivenum:Empty/-1/p;
s/Data Transfer Element $drivenum:Full (Storage Element \([1-9][0-9]*\) Loaded)\(.*\)/\1/p"`

Now, broken-ness at this point may indicate the media changer's output is not compatible with the chosen amtape changer glue code module...

where the sed is not interacting w/the mtx output from your changer the
way the script expects.

yes