Amanda-Users

Re: Labels and Barcodes

2002-08-15 15:27:53
Subject: Re: Labels and Barcodes
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Jason Greenberg <jg AT execulink DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:15:05 -0500
--On Thursday, August 15, 2002 14:52:26 -0400 Jason Greenberg <jg AT execulink DOT
com> wrote:

What's the difference between labels and barcodes?  Why, when I label
tapes, does the VolumeTag="" not show up for that tape?

As I understand it, the 'label' is the header record that is the first record
on the tape.  'barcode' is the paper barcode on the outside of the tape. Some
changer scripts can associate the two if you have a barcode reader in your
library, some can't.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                                fsmith AT hoovers
DOT com