Amanda-Users

Re: Free Adult Movies

2002-08-13 11:43:59
Subject: Re: Free Adult Movies
From: Todd Kover <kovert AT omniscient DOT com>
To: "Martinez, Michael - CSREES/ISTM" <MMARTINEZ AT intranet.reeusda DOT gov>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:34:23 -0400
 > Don't you think it's about time to start using spam control? I get
 > hardly any unsolicited junk on other mailing lists. It's just this
 > one.

There are some spam constraints in place.  One of the biggest
ones that's not in there is restriction of posting to the list to
members-only.  Generally, amanda-users sees about 50% of it's traffic
from non-members.

I see a similar amount of spam on other lists I'm on that are as old as
amanda-users.

Most (all?) of the "standard" mail controls are in place on the servers
amanda-users is housed on although I do stop at using the various
open-relay maps since I've had problems with them in the past.  This is
probably the difference you're seeing compared to other lists.

-Todd