ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] SPP licensing/included with SP Extended Edition/Suite?

2018-03-15 08:54:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] SPP licensing/included with SP Extended Edition/Suite?
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 08:51:29 -0400
Back a while ago, I could never get ahold of my IBM representative to ask
questions about licensing so I am taking a shot here.

Per Passport, we license IBM Spectrum Protect Extended Edition and IBM
Spectrum Protect Suite.

When going through the Passport software download list, it includes
Spectrum Protect Plus.  From yesterdays presentation of SPP, it looks like
a clone of VMware vDP (which is being discontinued), which we use and
realize we need to move away from.  So management is very interested in SPP.

The question I have is, since it is in my software download list on
Passport, are we automatically licensed for it?

One item on the list of downloadable SPP pieces-parts is the item "IBM
Spectrum Protect Plus V10.1.0 License Key for Trial Upgrade Multilingual
(CNMM8ML)"

Does this mean the base SPP is considered a "trial" and this is my official
key to un-trial it? Other files in the list include "IBM Spectrum Protect
Plus V10.1.0 for Vmware Multilingual (CNMM0ML)" and "IBM Spectrum Protect
Plus V10.1.0 for Vmware Trial Multilingual (CNMM1ML)"

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator