ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SPP licensing/included with SP Extended Edition/Suite?

2018-03-22 16:46:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SPP licensing/included with SP Extended Edition/Suite?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 15:45:13 -0500
Hi Matt,

That's not correct.

It sounds like the person who gave you the briefing was not clear.

There are three general models:

1. If you purchase SPP "stand alone" (i.e. not via Suite), you pay per VM.
If you offload to Spectrum Protect, you pay for those offloaded TBs
managed by Spectrum Protect.

2. If you have one of the Spectrum Protect Suites, you use the ratio
(FE=15VM/TB, BE=10VM/TB) ... which includes the offload TBs to Spectrum
Protect.

3. If you have the Spectrum Storage Suite, it is based on backend TBs in
the vSnap repository, after deduplication and compression. Again, this is
only for the Spectrum Storage Suites, not the Spectrum Protect Suites.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/22/2018
04:16:47 PM:

> From: Matthew McGeary <Matthew.McGeary AT NUTRIEN DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 03/22/2018 04:18 PM
> Subject: Re: SPP licensing/included with SP Extended Edition/Suite?
>
> Strange, I was just in a product briefing and was informed that the
> stored data in the Plus repository counted against the TB in our
> entitled capacity, not this 10 VM/TB model.
>
> Based on our existing deployments and stored data, the 10 VM/TB
> model will result in a fair bit of additional required licensing to
> deploy plus.
>
> On Mar 22, 2018, at 2:13 PM, Matthew McGeary
<Matthew.McGeary AT nutrien DOT com<
> mailto:Matthew.McGeary AT nutrien DOT com>> wrote:
>
> Strange, I was just in a product briefing and was informed that the
> stored data in the Plus repository counted against the TB in our
> entitled capacity, not this 10 VM/TB model.
>
> Based on our existing deployments and stored data, the 10 VM/TB
> model will result in a fair bit of additional required licensing to
> deploy plus.
>
> For more information on Nutrien's email policy or to unsubscribe, click
here:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?

u=https-3A__www.nutrien.com_important-2Dnotice&d=DwIFAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

siA1ZOg&r=0hq2JX5c3TEZNriHEs7Zf7HrkY2fNtONOrEOM8Txvk8&m=bI8AAThkDrL-05Ul4CmmPw_-