ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange backup speed

2018-02-18 16:58:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange backup speed
From: "Harris, Steven" <steven.harris AT BTFINANCIALGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 21:55:12 +0000
Tom

It is a failing of TSM/SP that a basic function is deemed "good enough" by the
people who decide such things within IBM and the real-world implementation is
left to users. Your problem is not uncommon and a solution should be a standard
part of the marketed offering.

You will need some powershell skills. Use the powershell cmdlets that come with
TDP for Exchange and run your processes in parallel. You will need to code some
funky error checking to make sure the correct return codes are returned.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin/Consultant