ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange backup speed

2018-02-18 21:51:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange backup speed
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 21:49:32 -0500
Couldn't I just set up multiple schedulers that all start up at about the
same time to make it  parallel.  That way I don't need to try and extract
the errorlevels for each process and try to combine them somehow.

I tried adding a START command in front of the FULL backup at the beginning
of my batch file (to make the first FULL backup run in parallel with the
rest)  but I ended up with a 418 error, and an unreadable tdpexc.log file
(the outputs from the parallel backup jobs are all mixed together often in
mid sentence).   I will have to ask our storage team what they saw on their
side but in my logs I got

5060E A Tivoli Storage Manager API error has occurred.
02/18/2018 17:02:34 ANS1245E (RC122)  The file has an 0n2/18/2018 17:02:34
ANS1245E (RC122)  The file has an unknown format.

02/18/2018 17:13:20 ANS1236E (RC115)  An unexpected error occurred.
02/18/2018 17:13:20 ACN5060E A Tivoli Storage Manager API error has
occurred.

02/18/2018 17:14:05 ACN5918W The mailbox history did not update
successfully on the TSM Server.
02/18/2018 17:14:05 ACN5060E A Tivoli Storage Manager API error has
occurred.

02/18/2018 17:24:30 ANS1236E (RC115)  An unexpected error occurred.
02/18/2018 17:24:30 ACN5060E A Tivoli Storage Manager API error has
occurred.