ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange backup speed

2018-02-18 22:22:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Exchange backup speed
From: "Harris, Steven" <steven.harris AT BTFINANCIALGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 03:18:41 +0000
Tom

That rings a bell.  These backups use VSS so you need to stagger them by 10
minutes or so to allow VSS to do its thing, and yes, you need separate logs for
each  process for them to be useful but that’s just flags to the commands.

I did get a sample script from someone internal to IBM who monitors this list.
He may care to share it with you.  I never implemented it because at that stage
I did not know powershell and time and projects march on, so I had to go with
what worked rather than what I would have liked.

Good luck

Steve