ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Should I upgrade to 7.1.8.x ??? (on the client end only)

2018-01-02 15:15:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] Should I upgrade to 7.1.8.x ??? (on the client end only)
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 15:14:24 -0500
Our TSM storage servers were all upgraded last year to 7.1.7.2 (before this
new security update came out).   Now I am wondering if I should start using
the updated client or not?   If the servers stay at 7.1.7.2 for now is
there any harm in using the newer client?  I would have to use 7.1.8.0 on
anything older than 2012.  I saw some email traffic earlier that once you
use the new authentication mode on a node you can't go back?  But it seems
that would not be possible until our storage servers get upgraded.

Is there any downside in my case (where the storage servers are still at
7.1.7.2) of using the latest client versions in the interim??  Our current
standard client versions now are 7.1.6.4 for 2008 and older, and 8.1.0.0
(yes the horrible buggy one) on newer servers.

Tom