ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Should I upgrade to 7.1.8.x ??? (on the client end only)

2018-01-04 08:47:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Should I upgrade to 7.1.8.x ??? (on the client end only)
From: "Loon, Eric van (ITOPT3) - KLM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 13:42:50 +0000
Hi Del,
Well, not really... I'm currently installing a 7.1.8 server and noticed that I
could no longer use a 7.1.7 admin commandline:

ANR0404W Session 22 for administrator ADMIN (Linux x86-64) refused - client is
down-level with this server version.

So I upgraded it to 7.1.8, but it was still not working:

On the client side: ANS1592E Failed to initialize SSL protocol.
On the server side: ANR3335W Unable to distribute certificate to KLM35757 for
session 24.

So I updated my admin to sessionsecurity=transitional (strange, this should be
the default...) and now I could start a session successful. I tried the same
admin account on another TSM client and again On the client side: ANS1592E
Failed to initialize SSL protocol. A q admin f=d showed that sessionsecurity
was again set to strict! I'm lost...
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon
Air France/KLM Storage Engineering