ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Should I upgrade to 7.1.8.x ??? (on the client end only)

2018-01-02 17:14:59
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Should I upgrade to 7.1.8.x ??? (on the client end only)
From: Tom Alverson <tom.alverson AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 17:12:44 -0500
Thanks for that link, I am more worried about any "gotcha's" caused by
upgrading the client to 7.1.8 or 8.1.2 before the storage servers get
upgraded (and start using the new authentication).   What I had not
realized until I saw the chart is that the new clients are NOT backward
compatible with old storage servers (which doesn't really affect me since
we have those all at 7.1.7.2 now).

*IBM SPECTRUM PROTECT CLIENT SUPPORT*

includes the Backup-Archive, API, UNIX HSM, and Web clients
that are compatible with, and currently supported with,
IBM Spectrum Protect Servers and Storage Agents.
*IBM Spectrum Protect*
*Client Version*
*Supported IBM Spectrum Protect*
*Server and Storage Agent Versions*
8.1.2
8.1, 7.1
8.1.0
8.1, 7.1, 6.3.x 1
7.1.8
8.1, 7.1
7.1
8.1, 7.1, 6.3.x 1
6.4 1
8.1, 7.1, 6.3.x 1
6.3 1, 2
8.1, 7.1, 6.3.x 1

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT u.washington DOT
edu>