ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Should I upgrade to 7.1.8.x ??? (on the client end only)

2018-01-03 14:47:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Should I upgrade to 7.1.8.x ??? (on the client end only)
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 14:45:04 -0500
I too am looking to upgrade all of my servers from 7.1.7.300, soon.  I went
through the documents in your link (IBM - one of them 404's).  My first
concern would be upgrading the offsite replica server. While there is
documentation about library manager/client  server levels/compatibility
(pretty sure need to do LM servers first), does the new forced security
require SSL/TLS for server-to-server communications?  If I upgrade/update
the replica server to 7.1.8, will that kill it's communication with the
5-other 7.1.7.3 servers that aren't talking SSL/TLS?

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT u.washington DOT
edu>

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator