ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Sloooow deletion of objects on Replication target server

2017-07-26 03:27:03
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Sloooow deletion of objects on Replication target server
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 09:16:41 +0200
Interesting, why would NFS be the problem if the deletion of objects
doesn't really touch the storagepools?

I would wager that a straight up dd on the system to create a large file
via 10Gb/s on NFS would be blazing fast but the database backup is slow
because it's almost never idle, it's always behind it's intern processes
such as reorgs.

place your bets! :-)

http://www.strawpoll.me/13536369