ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Sloooow deletion of objects on Replication target server

2017-07-25 14:50:31
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Sloooow deletion of objects on Replication target server
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 20:49:05 +0200
How many drives in what kind of a raid setup? what kinds of performance are
you getting from them, do you have any idea?

I have had nothing but issues with performance on deduplicating setups,
especially with replication in play when you use 15K disks.
I've had setups with 24x15K drives in raid 10 in a V7000 and I still was
having a hard time getting all the work done, as soon as you drop in some
SSD's you set, but I suppose they can work on small setups.
I would never use 15K drives again for any kinds of disk based
deduplicating setup however, SSD's are not that expensive anymore, you can
use read intensive SSD's in most cases and be fine.

Really, the blueprint benchmark tool works fine and gives a good indication
of your base disk performance, if it's far below what's described for the
blueprint that's probably the problem.
I would put my money on the 15K drives for the database and my suggestion
(in the case of insufficient database performance) would be place the
database and the active log on SSD's