ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] One to many replication in Spectrum Protect 8.1

2017-07-20 12:50:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] One to many replication in Spectrum Protect 8.1
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 12:48:20 -0400
Hi Mikhail,

One-to-many node replication is not currently supported. It is a known
requirement.

One way to create two copies of your backup data stored in
directory-container storage pools is to use PROTECT STGPOOL to a second
Spectrum Protect server and a PROTECT STGPOOL to tape.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/20/2017
11:07:28 AM:

> From: "Golbin, Mikhail" <mikhail.golbin AT ROCHE DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 07/20/2017 11:12 AM
> Subject: One to many replication in Spectrum Protect 8.1
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I was wondering if anyone tried to replicate to more than one server -
we
> would like to have one copy nearby and one offsite.
> I was reading IBM presentation from almost couple years ago discussing
node
> replication and directory pool replication in then brand new Spectrum
> Protect 7.1.3 -
> http://www.empalis.com/fileadmin/templates_empalis/PDFs/Events_2015/
> TSM_Symp_2015_Nachlese/02_TSM_Symp_2015_Nachlese_Node_Replication.pdf
>
> Towards the end of the presentation they talk about future direction and
on
> page 26 about one-to-many replication. We have the latest Spectrum
Protect