ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] One to many replication in Spectrum Protect 8.1

2017-07-28 09:15:43
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] One to many replication in Spectrum Protect 8.1
From: "Golbin, Mikhail" <mikhail.golbin AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 09:13:57 -0400
Hi Del,

I've been testing the script switching technique for the last week on our
non prod system (TSM2) and it seems to be working well.
Set REPLSERVer tsm1
UPDate STGpool DIR_POOL_TSM2 PROTECTstgpool=DIR_POOL_TSM1
protect stgpool DIR_POOL_TSM2 maxsessions=2 wait=yes
replicate node DATAMOVER2 maxsessions=2 wait=yes

Set REPLSERVer tsm3
UPDate STGpool DIR_POOL_TSM2 PROTECTstgpool=DIR_POOL_TSM3
protect stgpool DIR_POOL_TSM2 maxsessions=2 wait=yes
replicate node DATAMOVER2 maxsessions=2 wait=yes

Are there any technical reasons behind "IBM does not recommend the
switching technique" statement?

Another thought came to my mind - circular replication -
TSM1->TSM2->TSM3->TSM1 - I know this will double replication traffic over
the WAN but will it be supported by IBM?

Thanks,
Mike G

--
Mikhail Golbin