ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Real world deduplication rates with TSM 7.1 and container pools

2016-03-21 17:54:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Real world deduplication rates with TSM 7.1 and container pools
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:52:36 -0500
I think most of you know Spectrum Protect just added in-line compression
to the container and cloud deduplicated pools in version 7.1.5:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.5/srv.common/r_techchg_srv_compress_715.html

Adding incremental forever, the new in-line deduplication - client or
server-based (7.1.3), new in-line compression (7.1.5) I think you will
find that Protect continues to drive overall data reduction. This is being
done in the software, so you can choose what disk you want to use.

I encourage folks to try out the the new deduplication along with the new
compression to see how it helps with the overall data reduction.

Thank you,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/18/2016
10:41:06 AM:

******************************************************************************************************************************
> Backup and Recovery Systems Administrator
> Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
> CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
> Phone: +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
> Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
> e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com<mailto:arnaud.brion AT panalpina
> DOT com>
> This electronic message transmission contains information from
> Panalpina and is confidential or privileged. This information is
> intended only for the person (s) named above. If you are not the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use or
> any other action based on the contents of this information is
> strictly prohibited.
>
> If you receive this electronic transmission in error, please notify
> the sender by e-mail, telephone or fax at the numbers listed above.
Thank you.