ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Real world deduplication rates with TSM 7.1 and container pools

2016-03-22 18:19:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Real world deduplication rates with TSM 7.1 and container pools
From: Erwann SIMON <erwann.simon AT FREE DOT FR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 23:18:18 +0100
Hi all,

TSM deduplication is effective combined with compression. Without compression,
I'm not sure that it worths what it costs (1:2,5 ratio or 65% is what I
generally see with mixed data and "standard" retention).

You all should whatch this Tricia Jiang's video on YouTube (from 7:11) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISWRrkY5RS8

--
Best regards / Cordialement / مع تحياتي
Erwann SIMON