ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Linux 6.4 client hangs on starting dsmc

2015-04-16 12:40:53
Subject: [ADSM-L] Linux 6.4 client hangs on starting dsmc
From: "Arbogast, Warren K" <warbogas AT IU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 16:38:55 +0000
A Linux client has been missing its scheduled backups.  The TSM client is at
version s 6.4.0.0, and our TSM server is running 7.1.1.108 on a Redhat 6 OS,

The client admin reports that it hangs immediately when dsmc is started, but
the admin can telnet successfully from the client to to the TSM server over
ports 1500 and 1542, so we have crossed ‘firewall problem’ off the list of
possible causes.

'ssl yes’ and ‘ssl fipsmode yes’ are specified in dsm.sys, but the admin tried
commenting out ‘sslfipsmode yes’ and running dsmc —with the same result.

dsmerror.log is empty, and there are no recent messages in dsmwebcl.log.

The admin reports that selinux is running, but that ’nothing has changed’ in
its configuration recently.  Since backups had been runining successfully till
a week ago, certainly something has changed, but we can’t find it.

Where else should we look for the cause of the immediate hang when dsmc is
started?

With many thanks,
Keith Arbogast
Indiana University