ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Vsphere Web Client again

2014-09-19 10:28:08
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Vsphere Web Client again
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:26:11 -0400
Hi Robert,

Since registered, we need to determine why the web client is not
using the package. The check procedure is as follows:

1. If the web client is successful in retrieving the DPE zip file,
   the resulting location is:

    - Windows:
         C:\ProgramData/Vmware/vSphere Web
Client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity

    - Linux
 /var/lib/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity

2. If the package is not installed, use the web client log file
   to troubleshoot:

    - Windows
         C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web
Client\serviceability\vsphere_client_virgo.log

    - Linux
         /var/log/vmware/vsphere-client/logs/vsphere_client_virgo.log

   In the Virgo log, it is useful to look for references to the GUI
hostname.

If this doesn't reveal anything, let's get a PMR opened.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/19/2014
01:51:59 AM: