ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Vsphere Web Client again

2014-09-19 01:53:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Vsphere Web Client again
From: Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 05:51:59 +0000
Hi Del

First thanks for this information ....

I am talking about IBM Data Protection I got in the vSphere Web login with two
tabs "Getting Started" and "Connections".

I only got it on one of my Vcenter in the other one I don't see  it.

About section 3 in your message. I tries to run the setup again , run the
modify option but still cannot rich the option to check the "vSphere Web Client
 Plug in"

Did I need to uninstall and re-install ?

I read the paper in the link  and  I do some investigation under  the "VMware
Managed Object Browser (MOB)"  .

The results:

I login to the MOB and under content -- Extension Manager  I see the key
com.ibm.tsm.tdpvmware.IBMDataProtection

I look at client and see:
"https://XXXXXX.haifa.edu:9081/TsmVMwareUI/plugin/IBMRecovery.zip";    (XXXXX is
my correct DataMover node)

I check to the file IBMRecovery.zip   is present  under folder :

c:\IBM\tivoli\tsm\tdpvmware\webserver\usr\servers\veProfile\apps\tsmVmGUI.war\plugin\IBM

I check to the file:  config.xml  seems OK

But still No IBM Data Protection tag in my vSphere Web client

Regards Robert